Here in Houston, an AC outage can be a disaster – especially in the middle of a hot, humid summer! That’s why you need to know as many ways to troubleshoot your AC system as possible.
Air Tech of Houston AC & Plumbing wants you to feel in control and aware of your heating and cooling system. From our years of experience in the industry, we know the best practices to keep your AC unit healthy. We also know how to realign your system to make sure you have air conditioning efficiency, Houston.
When Should You Reset Your AC?
Resetting your AC involves powering down the thermostat for the AC system to try to reconnect the two. How do you know you need to try an air conditioner reset?
- Time – Over time, a digital thermostat can just start to lose efficiency. You may feel like your thermostat is not accurately relaying your desired temperature to the AC system. This could be a reason to give the system a chance to reboot.
- Extreme Settings – If your thermostat has been forced to run extremely hot or cold, it may be struggling to get back in sync with delivering normal temperatures. This can happen when someone watches your home and changes the settings while you are away.
- Frequent Adjustments – Thermostats are designed to relay your desired temperature to the AC unit. If you are bumping the temperature up or down because you don’t feel the air cooling or heating, the system can be thrown out of whack.
How To Reset Your Thermostat
According to what kind of make and model of thermostat you have, resetting your thermostat can be a different process. Here are some of the more common ways your can reset the thermostat:
- Battery Switch – If your thermostat runs on batteries, take out the batteries or flip them around backwards for five minutes. Then replace the batteries the correct way and see if the system reboots and reconnects.
- Reset Button – Some thermostats have a small reset button on them. You can use a paperclip or thin wire to press the button for five seconds and force a reset.
- Circuit Breaker – Another way you can reset the AC is to stop the power flowing to it. Turn the thermostat to OFF, and locate the circuit panel. Flip the breaker that gives power to the AC system, wait thirty seconds and turn it back on.
Depend On Air Tech
Whether you need our team at Air Tech of Houston AC & Plumbing to help you with your AC maintenance or more advice on efficient AC practices, we’re here for you. Trust our team to make sure your AC system is working correctly. When you need AC services, give us a call!